“Every female wants to sculpt a head-turning bod, especially now that we’re in the peak of summer. Unfortunately, females often starve their body and spend countless hours on a treadmill, all in an effort to look great in the most unforgiving article of “clothing” on earth: the bikini. Well, I’ve got great news, and you can thank Heidi Montag (aka Heidi Pratt) for asking me to create The Heidi Montag Workout.” These are the words of Heidi Montag’s trainer Chad Waterbury.
In the spring, Heidi hired Chad Waterbury to train her for a Playboy shoot last month in Malibu (the issue hits the newsstands August 15). “Did I give her a starvation diet? Nope. Did I have her run for hours on the treadmill? Nope. Did I train her the same way I train my athletes? Absolutely!” Read on for all the details.
Heidi Pratt is definitely proud of her figure, flaunting it in string bikinis at the beach and even doing “some nudity,” for September’s Playboy cover. Now, The Hills star has plans to share her fitness secrets in The Heidi Workout.
“Staying fit is something I’m really passionate about,” Pratt, who changed her last name from Montag after marrying Spencer Pratt, tells PEOPLE. “I work out with a strength-and-conditioning coach 90 minutes a day, five days a week”
Every workout I put Heidi through consists of intense, full body exercises that are performed as fast as possible, “so you burn fat faster,” says Waterbury. No crunches. No wimpy side raises with pink dumbbells. No machines.
Instead, I train her with hardcore exercises such as kettlebell swings, squat thrusts with dumbbells, and overhead medicine ball throws, just to name a few. My goal for her was no different than any of the fighters, baseball players, boxers, or hockey players I train. I told her that I was going to turn her into an athlete – albeit an athlete who looks incredible in a bikini!
Building a body that performs at a high level (Heidi does kettlebell swings with 75% of her body weight) requires a strategic approach to nutrition. You must feed your body the nutrients it needs at the right time. No hunger pangs required.
The Heidi Workout will also offer nutritional advice based on guidelines Waterbury gave to the 22-year-old TV star. She avoids all “white” foods like carbs, but fills up instead on lean meats including grass-fed beef – (“Heidi loves steak!” Waterbury says) – and green vegetables, apples and berries. “Heidi has a really healthy appetite,” Waterbury adds. “There’s no way she is going to deprive herself.”
Not that Pratt wanted to lose weight in the first place. Instead, the 5’1″, 100-lb. reality star wanted to put on curves. “When she came to me her butt was really flat and she wanted to make it bigger,” says Waterbury. “Now, it’s nice, shapely and round.”
And a major confidence-booster. “She loves showing off her body now,” says Waterbury. “She called me from her Playboy shoot and was so excited. The photographers were raving about her.”
Sometimes just losing all the weight is not enough. Sometimes some of us may need some help with other things like cellulite. There is a simple and natural way that can help. Go to www.cellulite.ifoundthecure.com for relief!
Most successful weight loss programs
On his web site, Chad Waterbury has the following 5 steps for effective weight loss programs:
1. Big Breakfast: Most people skip breakfast, have a medium-sized lunch, then gorge themselves at night. This is a sure-fire recipe for fat gain. Your first meal of the day should be the largest, highest calorie meal. Research has demonstrated that people who front-load their calories have a higher metabolism and burn more fat than those who back-load their calories.
2. Limit Carbs in the PM: Your body works better when moderate amounts of carbs are available for neurotransmitter production and glycogen replenishment, just to name a few. Start your day by eating one piece of fruit with breakfast (this is a simple way to boost your calories). An organic apple is my favorite, but any will work. For the rest of the morning hours consume any form of berries as your fruit source. For the second half of the day focus on fibrous vegetables with each meal. This step helps control the insulin, the fat-storing hormone.
3. Start with a Salad: One of the simplest ways to control your hunger is to eat a salad before your meals. This is especially effective at night when most people want to pig out. You’ll eat less, and feel satisfied, because it takes time to chew, and it allows for your brain to process feedback information about satiety. Research has demonstrated that those who eat a salad before a meal end up eating fewer calories before they feel full.
4. Stay Hydrated: Water is essential to metabolic processes. Research indicates that those who drink more water burn more calories. Your urine should always be clear. If it’s not, you need to drink more water. A good trick is to drink 2-3 glasses of water as soon as you wake up. This jumpstarts your hydration for the day. Plus, when people drink enough water they often look leaner and feel less bloated.
5. Exercise 5 Hours per Week: I can’t make up a fat loss list without mentioning exercise. Most people already go the gym around three times per week, for an hour at a time. This is a good start. Simply find time on the weekend for another hour, and throw a few 20-30 minute workouts into your week and you’re good to go.
Here’s a simple solution for an extra few workouts: two days each week go to bed 30 minutes earlier and wake up 30 minutes earlier. Spend that extra 30 minutes in the morning doing some sort of exercise that gets you sweating.
As a rule of thumb, it’s recommended to break up the five hours into three hours of resistance training and two hours of energy systems training. For the energy systems work, you don’t need to run on a treadmill, and you definitely shouldn’t sit on an exercise bike. Perform fun, challenging activities that require you to constantly move in different directions. Soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis, racquetball, etc. are all excellent options.
If you would like to see all the Playboy pictures on Heidi Montag go to www.OnlyHotChicas.com