Lose Weight Penelope Ann Miller Style
Penelope Ann Miller Celebrity Diet and Workout. Her fitness plan keeps her fit and healthy. Penelope is 5 foot 7 and maintains a great figure by eating right and working out. Find out exactly what she does below.
Penelope Ann Miller Diet
When losing weight Penelope Ann Miller’s diet plan was 1600 calories with a little fa
t, protein and carbs every few hours (Mini Meals). Her trainer recommends if you are trying to lose weight, get your carbs from fruit and veggies, and avoid white rice, pasta, and breads.
Penelope Ann Miller’s Example of Meal Plan:
- Breakfast – Oatmeal with a handful of blueberries and raspberries, and low fat yogurt.
- Snack – Half a banana with almond butter.
- Lunch – Grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, light on dressing, no bread.
- Snacks – Honeydew melon and cottage cheese, or turkey rolled around low fat cheese and bell peppers.
- Dinner – Grilled seasoned fish, steamed spinach with garlic, side salad with tomatoes.
- Beverages – Water and occasional glass of wine.
Penelope Ann Miller Exercise
Penelope’s workout for her role in “Blonde Ambition” was 2 months prior to filming. Each workout was 60 minutes 3 times a week and 2 additional cardio workouts on her own.
- Day 1 – Warm-up: 10 minutes of stretching, light lunges, rotations with medicine ball, chopping moves and rope jumping. Circuits: 45 minutes of leg, core and upper-body exercises focused on the upper chest and back. Perform 1 set of 8-10 reps for each exercise without resting in between to complete 1 circuit. Repeat 1 or 2 times. Sample Circuit: Single-leg squats, push-ups on a rocker board, alternating with bent-over one-arm rows. Finish with 2 sets of crunches with medicine ball toss to complete each circuit. Cool Down: 5 minutes of stretching for all muscles worked.
- Day 2 – Warm-up: 5 minutes on a stationary bike at a slow pace. Cardio: 45 minutes on the bike a brisk pace. Cool-down: 5 minutes at slower pace on bike followed by 5 minutes of stretching.
- Day 3 – Warm-up: 10 minutes of agility ladder drills, footwork skills, zigzags, and hops to get mentally focused. Alternate either Running drills (20 minutes of various running techniques, skips, high knees, skipping for height, running with high knees, long strides, running at pace, intervals and speed work) or kick boxing drills (20 minutes of round, side and front kicks.) Core Stabilizing exercises: 15 minutes of hip workout, inner thighs and glutes. Perform 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps of exercises such as side-to-side walking with elastics on ankles, bridges for glutes, adduction and abduction work using pulleys and elastics, internal/external rotation of hips using elastics and pulleys. Upper body: 10 minutes of light workout including alternating pulley pulls, chopping movements and boxing. Cool down: 5 minutes of stretching for all muscles worked.
- Day 4 – Warm-up: 5 minutes of dynamic stretching Cardio: 45 minutes of moderate, steady paced, running Cool-down: 10 minutes of walking followed by stretching.
- Day 5 – Repeat Day 1, varying exercises for circuits Warm-ups: 10 minutes of dynamic stretching, light lunges, rotations with medicine ball, chopping moves and rope jumping. Circuits: 45 minutes of leg, core and upper-body exercises focused on shoulders and arms. Perform 1 set of 8-10 reps for each exercise without resting in between (except for setup) to complete 1 circuit. Repeat 1-2 times. Sample circuits: Squat with overhead press, dumbbell triceps moves on stability ball, side-arm raises with elastic band, abs on the ball. Cool down: 5 minutes of stretching for all muscles worked.