Weight Loss Secrets From Janet Jackson
Her diet and workout philosophy has changed many times over the past few decades, but it seem that she has found a healthy balance and looks great. In 2007 Janet said she was going to be writing a book about her journey with diet and weight. We will keep you posted. But if you want to know how she lost the weight and all of her body slimming secrets, keep reading. Check it out below.
Janet Jackson’s Diet
To drop a good deal of weight Janet sought the help of a nutritionist. She ate low carb, and low calorie food in small healthy meals every 3 hours. It’s a 1300-1650 calorie meal plan with 3 meals and 2 snacks.
Janet Jackson’s Typical Diet Menu:
- Breakfast – 4 egg whites with 1 yolk and half a grapefruit or 3 small oatmeal protein pancakes with sugar-free maple syrup and 2 slices of turkey bacon.
- Mid morning – snack Protein shake.
- Lunch – Mixed green salad with grilled zucchini and 4 ounces of grilled chicken with olive oil and lemon pepper dressing or 4 ounces of tuna salad mixed with Dijon mustard and wrapped in lettuce, and an apple.
- Mid afternoon snack – 6 ounces of cottage cheese and berries or 12 almonds.
- Dinner – 5 ounces grilled tilapia with half a cup of wild rice or 5 ounces of ahi tuna with grilled asparagus.
Janet Jackson’s Exercise
She dropped the weight by working out hard several times a week. Doing a lot of strength training and cardio. While she was losing weight she was working out for an hour six days a week but now, she is doing about 3 days a week.
Janet Jackson’s Workout Examples:
- Interval Training mixing cardio and resistance work. She’ll walk on the beach for a minute, then side-shuffle for 30 seconds, then run for a minute. Next we got to a reverse lunge with 3 pound weights for 30 reps, and back to a run again.
- Sports – We hit tennis balls. If she misses, she has to do pushups. If she misses again, it’s walking lunges around the court.
- Dancing – Rehearsal is a big workout. It’s cardio and lasts for 8 hours.
Janet Jackson’s Quotes
“Things can go one way or the other. At times it definitely can be all about emotional eating. There are a lot of people that shy away from food when they’re feeling a certain way. Food is something that’s always comforted me.”