Gloria Estefan Recipe
A beverage created by Gloria Estefan, its got to be good. What will you find Gloria Estefan drinking at her Miami, Florida restaurant Bongo’s Cuban Café? The best Cuban drink around—the Mojito. Gloria likes to call it “nuclear lemonade!” Makes one serving
Gloria Estefan Mojitos
- 2 ounces of Bacardi Light Rum
- 1 tablespoon of simple syrup (sugar and water)
- 1/2 fresh lemon, cut into large pieces
- Mint leaves
- A splash of soda
- Make simple syrup: Heat equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan until just before boiling. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Place the mint leaves and 1 tablespoon of the simple syrup (cooled) in a glass, stir, breaking up the mint leaves.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the glass.
- Pour in the rum and stir.
- Add plenty of ice, then top off the mixture with a splash of soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!