Diet and Workout Regimen From Celebrities
Favorite Celebrity Recipes
Celebrities like to celebrate Holidays just like the rest of us. They like to pig out on great food, skip their workouts, and Cook! But how do they do it and stay in shape? Well we at How Celebrities Lose Weight found out. Keep reading to find some great Holiday recipes from your favorite stars, and tips on how to handle food at Holiday gatherings.
Julia Roberts’ Fresh Peach Crisps
3 lbs. firm-ripe peaches, pitted and cut into 1-in. chunks
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
1/4 c. Scotch whiskey
1/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed dark brown sugar
12 Tbsp. butter (1 1/2 sticks), cut up
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400/F. Grease 13″ by 9″ glass baking dish.
2. Prepare filling: In large bowl, toss peaches with lemon juice. Add whiskey, granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup brown sugar; toss to coat. Spread mixture in baking dish and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
3. Prepare topping: In large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. With pastry blender, cut in 10 tablespoons butter until coarse crumbs form. Press crumbs together into 1/2-inch clumps; sprinkle over peaches.
4. Bake crisp 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is brown and fruit is hot and bubbly. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm with frozen yogurt if you like. Makes 8 servings.
Each serving: About 360 calories, 3 g protein, 46 g carbohydrate, 19 g total fat (11 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 49 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium.
Alicia Silverstone’s Rosemary and Hazelnut Encrusted Seitan
110 g toasted hazelnuts
3 Tbsp minced rosemary
220 g whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3-5 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb seitan chunks
- Place the hazelnuts and rosemary in a food processor and blend until fine. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and add the flour, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip the seitan chunks in the hazelnut mixture, coating completely.
- Place in the oil and fry until lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Being Vegan Alicia would rather you “Save a Turkey by Adopting One Click Here.”
Katie Holmes Tip
“I grew up in an environment full of athletes and unfortunately I wasn’t one of them. My parents are very healthy. We go running on Thanksgiving – I mean, what family does that? It has to be before the big turkey dinner. My dad is really ambitious and makes us all go. Exercise is definitely important, but the long hours sometimes prevent me from being a good girl and getting my cardio workout.”
Halle Berry Tips
“I’ve learned not to eat a huge portion just because it’s on my plate.”
Halle also fills up on healthy food before going to a holiday party so she isn’t tempted by high calorie finger-foods.